[KS] Re: We need help.

Mia Yun miayun at pipeline.com
Mon Sep 14 15:30:21 EDT 1998

Dear Bonny,

A couple of days ago, Korean TV news in New York showed a 30-year old Korean woman from New York, who had been adopted as a little child like your friend, being reunited with her birth  parents in Korea.  If I am not wrong, she found her parents with the initial help of a Korean newspaper although ultimately it was a governmental agency that made it possible after four months of painstaking work.  I think the best bet is to contact the Korean Embassy in DC or a Korean consulate in the US to enlist their help and to write letters to newspapers (and even to TV broadcasting companies) in Korea.  I hear that the Korean government now has a great computerized system that makes it so much easier than in the past to trace a person.

I hope this helps and good luck.

Best,

Mia Yun

At 10:47 AM 9/14/1998 -0600, you wrote:

>Hello people on the list.

>This is my first time to use this list and I think i could get some help

>here.  My friend and I have been trying to find my friend's original

>parents from korea.  His name is Shin Jae Hoon, birth name is Shin Ji Soo.

>He is adopted by American Family when he was 5 years old, now he's 20 and

>he tried find his real parents for a long time. He says he was born in

>Chun JU near small village named Ko-san or Go-san. My friend's mother died

>shortly after giving a birth to my friend, about 4 months, and he does not

>know who his father is. He was in hand of a woman named Mrs. Kim Gui Nam

>about a year then after she give up my friend, he stayed in Chun Ju

>Go-ah-won ( we are not sure of the name of Go ah won but it should be near

>Go-san or Ko-san).  He was adopted through origanization called HOLT

>adoption agency.  If anybody can help us to find my friend's real parents,

>or let us know where we can contact to, we will truly appreciate.

>Sincerly Bonny

Mia Yun

Author of <italic>House of the Winds

</italic>http://www.pipeline.com/~miayun