[KS] Re: [Fwd: New Forum]

Malmeter at worldbank.org Malmeter at worldbank.org
Mon Apr 12 09:07:53 EDT 1999

Well said, Brother Anthony!  Thanks for saying what I didn't have the courage
to....

Anthony <anthony at ccs.sogang.ac.kr> on 04/09/99 08:13:29 PM

Please respond to korean-studies at mailbase.ac.uk

To:   Korean-Studies at Mailbase.Ac.Uk
cc:

Subject:  Re: [Fwd: New Forum]

O dear! I belong to a number of 'lists' but, perhaps because most of
them have some kind of filtering moderator, I have never seen on them
the really very considerable number of private messages that keep
appearing on the Korean Studies List. This morning almost every message
was of this kind. We really do not all want to know who is eager to
receive copies of this new journal, or whatever... Are people using some
kind of mailing program that does not indicate to them the recipient of
their letter? It should be quite clear that 'Reply' will send our reply
to the originating server (Korean Studies) and not to the writer of the
letter. If it is from inattention, do be careful, you might end up
sending everyone something very compromising indeed, which of course
would be fun for the rest of us, but...
On the technical level, it is of course a slight inconvenience having to
rewrite the address of the individual sender. I seem to recall that 'R'
on good old Pine gave one the option of which address to reply to, while
Netscape 4.5 not only does not, but refuses to let you copy the original
sender's address and paste it. Why? Anyway, on a rainy Saturday in
Seoul, one grouse is as good as another, but I thought I would mention
it.
Happy weekend, or whatever
Brother Anthony
Sogang University, Seoul