[KS] Re: seeking translator and help with new fellowship

Chin-Oh Chu cchu at uts.cc.utexas.edu
Sat Apr 24 23:38:29 EDT 1999

Dear Dr. Kim,

You can contact with Mr. Ki-Bong Kwon at UPenn to take in charge of
Philip Jaisohn's  house. His phone number is 610-565-3019 and address is
100 E. Lincoln St. Media, PA 19063 .
As far as I know, his son died with his former Korean wife after his
exile to Japan in 1884. And he left two daughters with American wife.
But elder daughter did not have any children and younger daughter did
not marry.
I hope it can help you.

Best regards,

Chinoh Chu

The University of Texas at Austin
Department of Asian Studies
512-475-6039 (O)
512-418-9023 (H)


> hello Korean Studies folks!
> does anybody have any leads on the Philip Jaisohn
> Memorial Foundation, or know how to contact the
> surviving family of Dr. Jaisohn? (he was the first
> Korean immigrant to become a naturalized U.S.
> citizen)?
> in regards to finding a bilingual translator -
> any recommendations for somebody to translate from
> Korean to English the personal documents of Reverand
> Soon Hyun? (he was the father of author Peter Hyun
> and instrumental in the March 1st Korean independence
> movement from Japan)
> lastly, there's a new fellowship now forming to award
> Korean American writers. can anybody put me in touch
> with people with relevant experience with such
> selection committees of fellowships, grants, awards?
> thanks in advance!
> %%
> %%  Henry Kim, MD
> %%  KoreanAmericanLiterature at iname.com
> %% "A Guide to Korean American Literature"
> %%  Managing Director of AAWW/LA
> %% (Asian American Writers Workshop in Los Angeles)
> %%
> ===
> _________________________________________________________
> Do You Yahoo!?
> Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com


More information about the Koreanstudies mailing list