[KS] Re: collaborators

T.Han taehwan at hawaii.edu
Mon Aug 30 13:27:03 EDT 1999

Hi, I feel very uncomfortable and even ridiculous to read the news.
When South Korea is just getting out of financial trouble, I am very
troubled that much effort and money have to be spent to the project. My
prediction is that the committee will end up with chicken-and-egg problem
(i.e. the colonialists forced them to collaborate, or the collaborators
willingly collaborated with the Japanese) again.

In my belief, history has to be related with what's happening now and
future. I am not sure how much the project will contribute to national
reconciliation.

T. Han