[KS] Re: Sorry

Henny Savenije adam&eve at henny-savenije.demon.nl
Mon Dec 13 07:58:05 EST 1999

At 10:45 AM 12/11/99 -0500, Joshua Margolis wrote:
>When present, your e-mail software (in your case, Outlook Express 5)
>automatically uses the address in the "Reply-To" header instead of the one
>in "From" header. This is probably how most of the private messages end up
>getting accidentally sent to the list. Unfortunately, I have yet to see any
>Windows-based e-mail clients that let you choose which address to use when
>both headers are present. Perhaps Eudora does. I don't know.
>

>Josh

I am using Eudora, and it does the same. It depends on the list server I
guess, since with some email lists I have to change the email address to
the whole list, otherwise it will be send to the sender only, on yet
another allows me to send it to both sender and list if I use "reply to
all". The only thing which changes here, if I do that, is that the sender
is twice the list, but at least the message says now "Joshua Margolis wrote:".

The advice is: Open the whole message and look for:
>Subject: Re: Sorry
>From: "Joshua Margolis" <jmargoli at nimbus.ocis.temple.edu>
>To: <korean-studies at mailbase.ac.uk>

Select and copy the address of the sender behind From:
In this case "Joshua Margolis" <jmargoli at nimbus.ocis.temple.edu>
Paste in the "To" field, while erasing the <korean-studies at mailbase.ac.uk>
be sure it's not in the CC field or even BCC field, and then you will have
no problems anymore.

Cheers
Henny  (Lee Hae Kang)

Feel free to visit
http://www.henny-savenije.demon.nl
and feel the thrill of Hamel discovering Korea (1653-1666)