[KS] Results of KAHS' 01/26 event

KAHS kahs at arkay-intl.com
Mon Feb 1 16:31:09 EST 1999

To all our friends and supporters:

Thank you all very much for your support of Korean American Historical
Society.

Last tuesday night's event with KW Lee and Daisy Chun Rhodes was a big
success;we had a full house with about 80 guests (30-40 of whom were
students), all of whom were captivated by Daisy's reading of selections from
her book, Passages to Paradice, and by KW Lee's insights into the Korean
American community. We will be publishing material from the night's
transcript and interview with Mr. Lee in a later issue of Occasional Papers.

Thanks to co-sponsorship by KAPS (Korean American Professionals Society) of
the costs of the event, the funds raised that night will do directly to
supporting our operations.  Special thanks to KSA (Korean Student
Association) president Nurry Hong, and KSA members for helping setup the
event and welcoming guests.

In addition, we are proud to say that KAHS is the recipient of a $20,000
grant from the Overseas Koreans Foundation in Seoul to cover the cost of
printing our next two volumes of Occasional Papers. As a result, any
contributions we receive will be better able to support our daily research,
information and referral, and outreach activities.

We are extremely appreciative of the Overseas Koreans Foundation for this
support, and also wish to thank the Korean Consulate of Seattle and all of
our friends who wrote letters supporting our application back in September.

Best Regards,

Ick-Whan Lee, President and Publisher

--

"To collect, maintain, and transmit
the heritage and achievements of Koreans in the US and abroad"

KOREAN AMERICAN HISTORICAL SOCIETY
10303 Meridian Ave N, Ste 301
Seattle WA 98133-9483 USA
TEL:206-528-5784, FAX: 206-523-4340