[KS] Re: Korean Poetry/Culture

Yuh Ji-Yeon jiyeon at sas.upenn.edu
Sat Jan 23 12:43:17 EST 1999

dear linda,

you might try looking at the poetry of koh junghee, who died in 1989 or so
during a trip to jiri-san. in particular, the poem "sang-han young-hon-eul
we-ha-yuh" ("for a hurt soul") speaks about the spirit's resilience and
vitality under oppression and deprivation. the volume in which that poem
came out (sorry, don't have the title) has an essay in the back that talks
about christian spirituality as  an influence in her poetry.

take care,
ji-yeon