[KS] Korean Poetry/Culture

Linda Goddard goddard_linda at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 23 01:59:23 EST 1999

Dear Members,

I'm doing Ph.D. work on cross cultural comparative literature looking at
the genre of poetry as a prophetic power for spiritual healing in
cultures that have experienced oppression. Can anyone recommend Korean
poets, in particular women who have written about their experiences? I'd
like to study the work of a Korean woman who has had some but not all of
her work translated. Does anyone know whether or not North Korean poets
and their works on this subject MIGHT BE accessible? I am well aware
that the chances of this are highly unlikely at this time. But perhaps
there's someone out there who has information that could be helpful.

Thanks.
Linda M. Goddard
Hannam University
133 Ojung-dong