[KS] Introduction

Alexander graf alexander.graf at primus-online.de
Fri Jan 22 17:03:26 EST 1999

My name is Alexander Graf (Alex) and I'd like to introduce myself in the
traditional way as a new subscriber to the Korean-Studies mailing list.

I'm of German origin, a British citizen and study film theory at
Edinburgh University in Scotland. I've chosen to spend the last two
years in Berlin to complete my thesis on the German director Wim
Wenders, who lives here. I hope to be finished by the end of March. I've
also published work both on Wenders and on the Italian Michelangelo
Antonioni in both English and German. My present research is on Oriental
musicals with particular emphasis on musicals from the 1950's and
1960's. I've just accepted this unenviable offer, and hope to find some
productions from the period that REFLECT THE AESTHETICS of the classical
American "song and dance" musical of the day, but oriental... I guess my
first contribution to this list therefore has to be a question: Are
there any Korean musicals? It's difficult to find material on Northern
or Southern Korean cinema that makes reference to any such films.

Can anyone in the group recommend other material? Any information would
be most welcome as I'm pretty empty-handed at this stage.

Thanks for your help,

Alex