[KS] new religions

Kirsten Bell Kirsten.Bell at jcu.edu.au
Sun Jan 17 22:20:38 EST 1999

Dear List,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a query.  I am studying
Ch'ondogyo and have also been researching various other new religions in
Korea (Won Bulgyo, Tongilgyo, Taejonggyo, Jeungsando etc).  I have been
trying to find out more information about the obscure little (early 20th
century) religions that appear to have been offshoots of these larger
established ones.  For example:

Tonghak splinter religions such as:
Shichon-gyo, Su-un gyo, Sang-jae-gyo, Chungrim-gyo, Che-u-gyo (otherwise
known as Yoghwa-gyo and Daewha-gyo)

Chungsangyo splinter religions such as:
Hoomchi-gyo, Bochon-gyo, Mookook Daedo-gyo etc.

Does anyone have detailed information about any of these religions or
know where I can get it?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Please reply to my personal email address: kirsten.bell at jcu.edu.au

Regards,