[KS] Ancestor Worship

K. Maksymyk & D. Prendergast scone1 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 21 08:24:32 EST 1999

Dear List Members,

I am afraid that I am one of the lurkers in the list. I am working on
a PhD on authority and responsibility in the Korean family. Anybody
who wishes to know more please don't hestitate to email me at my work
email dkp20 at hermes.cam.ac.uk

I have been conducting some database searches for recent work on
ancestor worship in contemporary Korea and have found that *outside*
the interest and overlap within the research on Shamanism, there seems
(with the very occasional exception) to have been very little work
done in this specific area since Roger's Janelli's book.

If I am horribly wrong, or if you know of any more recent books/
articles/etc on this subject, would it be possible for you to email me
at either of my addresses?

Thank you for your time,

David Prendergast

Department of Social Anthropology