[KS] Re: maps of Korea

Charlotte Horlyck c.horlyck at vam.ac.uk
Wed Jul 14 08:14:29 EDT 1999

Dear Henny

You might want to have a look at an exhibition catalogue published in connection with an exhibition on Korean maps, which was held last October at Taegu Museum in Korea. The exhibition catalogue is called: Han'guk ui yot chido. You might be able to obtain a copy by phoning the museum on: (053) 768-6050.

Best wishes from

Charlotte Horlyck
PhD Candidate/Korean art
SOAS, London University

>>> Henny Savenije <adam&eve at henny-savenije.demon.nl> 07/03 12:34 am >>>
Dear list,

I have two things. Anyone interested in 17th century European maps about
Korea are invited to take a look at:
http://www.henny-savenije.demon.nl/maps.htm and
http://www.henny-savenije.demon.nl/maps2.htm

If anyone can tell me anything more about the Korean maps I would be happy.

I also collected all the 17th century Dutch (well I think I have them all)
documents mentioning Korea, but unfortunately I still have to translate
them, they are at:
http://www.henny-savenije.demon.nl/Dutch

>From another list I received the following question, does anyone have an
answer to that?

>henny,
>
>took a quick look.  wonderful!
>look forward to closer study.
>by the way,  do you happen to know
>which institutions hold
>premier map collection of
>korean peninsula?
>regarding my own peninsular carto project
>involving terrain @ 38 00N,  some
>info of my presentation at upcoming
>conference of north american
>cartographic information society (nacis):
>
>http://www.nacis.org/williamsburg/abstracts/natsios.html
>best,
>deborah

Sincerely
Henny  (Lee Hae Kang)

Feel free to visit
http://www.henny-savenije.demon.nl
and feel the thrill of Hamel discovering Korea (1653-1666)