[KS] swappable hard drive just for Korean

koreanamericanliterature at iname.com koreanamericanliterature at iname.com
Wed May 26 21:08:04 EDT 1999

hello everybody -

got three items:

(1) finally getting a laptop, possibly with a
swappable hard drive. I know there has been a lot
of discussion previously about software to get
Korean - if I buy an extra hard drive and install
the Korean operating system, will I bypass any and
all problems? e.g. viewing internet with Korean
characters, Korean word processor, etc.. which are
the best applications, and where are the cheapest
places to buy them?

(2) last month, I mentioned David Hyun (brother of
author Peter Hyun "Man Sei!" and "In the New World")
had a treasure trove of materials belonging to his
father, Reverand Soon Hyun, who played a significant
role in Korea's independence from Japan.

I hope I replied to everybody who responded to this
possible translation opportunity, but in case I
missed anybody: please contact Julie Kim at
"dhyun at linkonline.net" and send your cv and cover
letter to her.

(3) its finally done - please keep an eye out for
the next issue of KoreAm Journal (the June issue
should be sold at all the major bookstores), where
I have an article summarizing all the published
Korean American "novels." your students should find
it a useful reference.

%
%%    Henry Kim, MD
%%%    "A Guide to Korean American Literature"
%%%%     KoreanAmericanLiterature at iname.com