[KS] Re: Using han'gul fonts

Henny Savenije adam&eve at henny-savenije.demon.nl
Wed Nov 17 05:32:45 EST 1999

At 01:23 PM 11/17/99 , you wrote:
>I beg to differ. The Global IMEs work just fine with Word 2000. Indeed, many
>of the underlying components in the programs you mentioned are the same. I
>don't think it's appropriate for you to make such a blanket statement about
>the functionality of the product based upon your own limited experience. As
>I am sure everyone would agree, computers are rather complicated and it's
>not so easy to say what the source of the particular problems you
>experienced are. The kinds of problems you described are not the type that
>would be caused by something like a Global IME, which is esentially just an
>ActiveX control. It's more likely that the real source lies elsewhere --
>maybe a bug in Word or Windows!

Isn't that exactly what he wrote?? See below.

>It worked fine for a while but caused
> > serious problems later, corrupting my Word registry, causing an invalid
> > page fault, etc. Therefore, I advise you not to use it with Word 2000,

I am sorry to say so, but until recently I was a computer technician and
Windows and related Microsoft products are full of bugs. Any computer
program we made had problems using the MS DLL's, OLE functions and the lot,
though MS would never admit it was their mistake, rather a feature.

Henny  (Lee Hae Kang)

Feel free to visit
http://www.henny-savenije.demon.nl
and feel the thrill of Hamel discovering Korea (1653-1666)