[KS] Re: Using han'gul fonts

Joshua Margolis jmargoli at nimbus.ocis.temple.edu
Thu Nov 18 21:56:45 EST 1999

That's just not right. If my earlier message ever gets posted (for some
reason, there are occasionally exceedingly irritating delays), you will see
that there is indeed an import filter that will let you open HWP documents
in MS Word. Rather than being so didactic, why not qualify your statement to
say that based upon your experience, you do not believe it to be possible?

In regard to standards for Korean e-mail, they most certaily do exist. The
problem is, as you correctly pointed out, that the mail server of a
particular provider may reformat messages and end up truncating data,
usually by clipping bits.

Josh

> No.
>
> I tried it in a zillion ways, but it's not possible, they're just
> incompatible. The only thing you can indeed do is send is as a text file.
>
> The biggest problem with sending Korean email is that there are no
> standards yet. Sometimes a provider will send it in 8 bits format while
the
> receiver receives it in 7 bit format. All the Korean (or Chinese,
Japanese)