[KS] Re: Using han'gul fonts

Henny Savenije adam&eve at henny-savenije.demon.nl
Mon Nov 8 21:23:40 EST 1999

At 09:42 AM 11/9/99 , Joshua Margolis wrote:
>I think Unionway is really designed for Chinese rather than Korean or
>Japanese. I never really thought it was a very good choice for adding
>Han'gul support.

Actually I am using Unionway already for quite some time, with a lot of
satisfaction. The only thing you should not forget to do is when you can't
read a Korean Site in Netscape (and explorer too for that matter) is take a
look at the view --> character set. Just start up Unionway once, and close
it again (don't forget to install the fonts as well. After that you can
close it again and as long as the character set is well defined, you can
read Korean sites. Sometimes you just have to try to change back and forth
between character set Korean and Western languages, but it works to my
satisfaction. It's sometimes just a matter of trial and error.

>I did want to add one thing, though, in case anyone was considering it as
>an option. Assuming there has been no update since version 3.0b, do NOT
>purchase Hanme Hangul for Windows 95.

There's already a version 97.

Works fine with me too, I developed the Korean version of my site with it.
Again with a lot of trial and error, but you don't have any choice on a
multi-lingual platform.

Korean windows 98 seems to work fine too, aside from the glitches 98 US has
as well and a minor few more. But it works definitely better than 95.

My few won worth,

Pace

Henny  (Lee Hae Kang)

Feel free to visit
http://www.henny-savenije.demon.nl
and feel the thrill of Hamel discovering Korea (1653-1666)