[KS] History Position at University of Utah

Robert C. Provine r.c.provine at durham.ac.uk
Tue Oct 19 12:24:33 EDT 1999

Dear Korean-Studies List:

I'm forwarding this for Ray Gunn, who is not on the list.  I don't know
any more about it than the statement below, so please don't ask me for
details.

If you have any queries, please post them direct to
ray.gunn at m.cc.utah.edu and NOT to the list.

Rob Provine
r.c.provine at durham.ac.uk

"The history department of the University of Utah invites applications
for
a tenure-track assistant professorship in Korean history. Starting date
is
August 2000. A PhD and a strong commitment to research and teaching are
required. The successful candidate will offer upper-division
undergraduate
courses in Korean history, teach and advise graduate students, and
assist
in lower-division surveys of Asian civilization. Salary is competitive,
commensurate with qualifications and experience. Send letter of
application, c.v., at least three letters of recommendation, samples of
written work, teaching evaluations, and other supporting documentation
by
November 15, 1999, to L. Ray Gunn, Chair, Dept. of History, University
of
Utah, 380 S. 1400 E., Rm. 211, Salt Lake City, UT 84112-0311. The
University of Utah is an AA/EOE and encourages nominations and
applications
from women and minorities, and provides reasonable accommodations for
the
known disabilities of applicants and employees."