[KS] East Timor

Paulo Alves pmarquesalves at mail.telepac.pt
Thu Sep 9 20:19:31 EDT 1999

------=_NextPart_000_00C6_01BEFB2A.889336E0

Dear Friends
The main purpose of this message is to contribute to save the people of =
East Timor that is now suffering a genocide, the second in 24 years, =
after a referendum recognized by the international community. I exort =
you to send the petition below to the addresses I join here, because it =
is VERY, VERY URGENT to send international troops to East Timor. The =
indonesians are killing everybody and they attack everything, including =
the Red Cross, the ACNUR and the church (several priests were killed =
until now, the Bishop that was Nobel Prize in 1998 escaped to Australia =
and the other one was wounded and is now in the mountains of Timor). I =
hope you can join us. Please, send this message to your friends. Thanks. =

Yours sincerely
Paulo Alves
=20
Send the petition to:
Bill Clinton: president at whitehouse.gov                Al Gore: =
vice.president at whitehouse.gov
Kofi Anan: ecu at un.org                                       Habibie: =
habibie at risknet.go.id
PETITION

Widespread death and destruction are happening in East Timor. Unless =
world leaders exert maximum pressure on the Indonesian Government the =
results of last Monday's referendum will be a growing massacre and =
destruction of thousands of citizens who braved everything to vote, =
expressing overwhelmingly their wish to become independent.

Regrettably, the Indonesian Government is not fullfiling the New York =
agreements and has allowed the violence to spread.

An international force is essential to prevent the total slaughter of =
the people by the anti-independence militias and the indonesian army.

Therefore,

I call upon you to URGENTLY exert all of the available means at your =
disposal to make the killings stop and prevent the deportation and =
massacre of the people of East Timor.

------=_NextPart_000_00C6_01BEFB2A.889336E0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<DIV align=3Djustify><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Dear =
Friends</FONT></DIV>
<DIV align=3Djustify><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The main purpose of =
this message is=20
to contribute to save the people of East Timor that is now =
suffering a=20
genocide, the second in 24 years, after a referendum recognized by the=20
international community.</FONT><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2> <STRONG>I =
exort you to=20
send the petition below to the addresses I join here</STRONG>, because =
it is=20
VERY, VERY URGENT to send international troops to East Timor. The =
indonesians=20
are killing everybody and they attack everything, including the Red =
Cross, the=20
ACNUR and the church (several priests were killed until now, the Bishop =
that was=20
Nobel Prize in 1998 escaped to Australia and the other one was wounded =
and is=20
now in the mountains of Timor). I hope you can join us. <STRONG>Please, =
send=20
this message to your friends</STRONG>. Thanks. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV align=3Djustify><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Yours =
sincerely</FONT></DIV>
<DIV align=3Djustify><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Paulo =
Alves</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Send the petition to:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Bill Clinton: <A=20
href=3D"mailto:president at whitehouse.gov">president at whitehouse.gov</A></FO=
NT><FONT=20
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>          &nbs=
p;    =20
Al Gore: <A=20
href=3D"mailto:vice.president at whitehouse.gov">vice.president at whitehouse.g=
ov</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Kofi Anan: <A=20
href=3D"mailto:ecu at un.org">ecu at un.org</A></FONT><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>          &nbs=
p;           &nbsp=
;            =
   =20
Habibie: <A=20
href=3D"mailto:habibie at risknet.go.id">habibie at risknet.go.id</A></FONT></D=

<DIV align=3Dcenter><FONT =
face=3DArial><STRONG>PETITION</STRONG></FONT></DIV>
<DIV align=3Djustify> </DIV>
<DIV align=3Djustify><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Widespread death and =
destruction are=20
happening in East Timor. Unless world leaders exert maximum pressure on =
the=20
Indonesian Government the results of last Monday's referendum will be a =
growing=20
massacre and destruction of thousands of citizens who braved everything =
to vote,=20
expressing overwhelmingly their wish to become independent.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV align=3Djustify> </DIV>
<DIV align=3Djustify><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Regrettably, the =
Indonesian=20
Government is not fullfiling the New York agreements and has allowed the =

violence to spread.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV align=3Djustify> </DIV>
<DIV align=3Djustify><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>An international force =
is essential=20
to prevent the total slaughter of the people by the anti-independence =
militias=20
and the indonesian army.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV align=3Djustify> </DIV>
<DIV align=3Djustify><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2><STRONG>Therefore,</STRONG></FONT></DIV>
<DIV align=3Djustify> </DIV>
<DIV align=3Djustify><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><STRONG>I call upon you =
to URGENTLY=20
exert all of the available means at your disposal to make the killings =
stop and=20
prevent the deportation and massacre of the people of East=20
Timor.</STRONG></FONT></DIV>
<DIV align=3Djustify> </DIV>
<DIV align=3Djustify> </DIV>
<DIV align=3Djustify> </DIV>