[KS] Microfilm scanning

Tim Tangherlini tango at HUMnet.UCLA.EDU
Mon Aug 7 05:18:18 EDT 2000

REPLY sends your message to the whole list.     __________________________________________________
Microfilm and microfiche can be scanned really well--and is really great
for archive work if you store the images in the slightly larger TIFF
format. We had all of the field diaries of a well known folklore collector
scanned for about 30 cents per image from a large legal microfilm company
(probably the best people to do huge jobs of microfilm). Then you can throw
away your bulky microfilm readers...