[KS] re: symposium in Fukuoka

Kenneth R. Robinson robinson at icu.ac.jp
Tue Dec 5 06:34:12 EST 2000

Dear Colleagues,

My apologies for this short notice.  For those of you who might be near
Fukuoka, or even in a nearby time zone, this coming Sunday, December 10,
the Kyushu University Center for Korean Studies (J. Kyuushuu daigaku
Kankoku kenkyuu sentaa) will sponsor a day-long symposium entitled, in
translation, "Korea's Traditional Culture and Kyushu".  Presentations, on
various forms of interaction among people in the peninsula and Kyushu
through history, will be in Japanese or Korean.  Among the eight speakers
are Yi SOngmu, Cho'e PyOnghOn, An Hwijun, Kikutake Junichi, and Yi PyOnggUn.

The symposium will run from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm at the Kyushu University
International Hall (J. Kyuushu daigaku kokusai hooru), on the Hakozaki
campus.  Participation will cost 1,000 yen.

For more information, please contact the university's Center for Korean
History Research (J. Chousen shigaku kenkyuushitsu) at this direct
phone/fax number: 81-92-642-2382.  ("81" is the country code.)  I also will
field any questions you may have, but my answers can not be official.

Ken Robinson