[KS] Korean Court Music citation help (please)

Kevin P. Parks Adv97 Kevin.P.Parks.Adv97 at Alum.Dartmouth.ORG
Tue Feb 22 01:56:26 EST 2000

Greetings,

I need a bit of help on a citation. There used to be an old
recording on Lyrichord called Korean Court Music (LYRCD 7206).
It was the one put out by John Levy many moons ago.  It has
since been reissued on CD and one finds it on the Lyrichord www
site.  I wonder though if anyone knows the year for this
recording.  Does the 72 in the catalog number indicate 1972?
The problem is that i live out of a suitcase and don't actually
have the CD handy to look at (it is in a box in a basement on
another continent), i am wondering if anyone has it on their
shelves within arms reach and can give me the year and tell me
again if this is (as i recall) the CD that has recordings of the
P'youn'gyoung at the end of the record and if so, if anyone can
give me that little snippet from the liner notes where he talks
about how rare these chimes are, etc.  I've been all over Seoul
this morning looking for this dinosaur, but to no avail and i
(unexpectedly) need to cite it.

everbest,

kevin parks
Seoul Institute of the Arts

kevin at raven.dartmouth.edu

ps.  If anyone does have this info and can shout it out to me,
it may be best to do it off list, particularly since i get the
digest version of the list, but also to keep the traffic down.