[KS] Re: Russian/Mongolian Korean immigrants

Charles Armstrong cra10 at columbia.edu
Fri Jan 28 20:26:46 EST 2000

Hollee,

Although this is not related to Russian/Mongolian Koreans, I thought you
might be interested in knowing that I discovered in the US National Archives
last month a a   rather substantial file on the origins of foreign adoption
in Korea after the Korean War. It includes letters from Holt, the US
military command documents, newspaper articles, congressional records, etc..
from 1953 to about 1959. If you are interested in pursuing this topic this
is an invaluable resource, and as far as I know no one has yet tapped into
it.

I am currently in Seoul on research leave and will be back in NY Feb. 11-18.
If you like, you can get in touch with me then to take a look at this stuff.
                                                                Charles
Armstrong