[KS] Re: Se habla Han'gul?

John H. T. Harvey jharvey at nuri.net
Thu Jan 27 02:46:11 EST 2000

Ken:

    I have come across Koreans referring to the Korean language as Han-gu^l,
but I think only when they are speaking English, or at least speaking to a
foreigner.  It seems to be a case of leaning over backwards to be helpful.
I remember dealing with people at Hyundae who invariably pronounced it to
rhyme with "hewn dye" for my benefit.

John H. T. Harvey
jharvey at nuri.net

P.S.  I will refrain from recursively incorporating Duggan's or Kim-Renaud's
response incorporating Underwood response incorporating your original
message.  There may be no shortage of electrons in the universe, but this
has got to stop somewhere!