[KS] Re: Still Invaded Economically and Culturally

Dr. John Caruso Jr. carusoj at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 31 13:31:58 EDT 2000

As Toffler wrote we live in a time of change and most important  "change in
the rate of change."  The DDR and BRD were at odds for 40+ years and after
the collapse of the USSR the Berlin Wall came down in a few months.

The odds are pretty good that the NK govt is watching reruns of what
happened to Ceaucescu and his wife and wondering just how much collective
wrath will fall on their heads when the masses gain access to the outside
world.

The DDR citizens lived the best life in the Ostblock albeit poor when
compared to the West.  The NK masses experienced starvation and many years
of material deprivation. Given the Korean love of family there are going to
be some very angry people who saw their children die or suffer thanks to the
Machtpolitik of the politburo - that put guns over rice.  Reheated slogans
about Chuche are not going to excuse the excesses.

The PRC gave Dear Leader some advice about how to co-opt the tide of change.
Now, we learn he is a computer maven - can't wait to see his homepage!

John