[KS] Re: Korean Pop Music

Ok, Gwang g.ok at strath.ac.uk
Fri Jul 14 12:30:55 EDT 2000

Interesting questions.  I have seen the popular singer, Kim Geonmo presented his fashion on his performances, yes, the clown shoes and hat, and over size t-shirt and trousers.  And the wearings of the singing musicians are always creating a new fashion  in their stages, including the over size training suits - there are many groups in this fashion, such as Seo Taeji (big hit the Korean chart in 1990s - on and off, perhaps, they are the origin who brought this fashion and hipop?), Turbo, and so on.

Perhaps, according to the Korean favourism about song, there is a certain gap among generations.

Not much information on this issue. Sorry.

All the best.

Gwang.
International Research Centre for Sport
Strathclyde Unive.