[KS] Korean pop music [from Stephen Epstein]

Frank Hoffmann hoffmann at fas.harvard.edu
Sat Jul 15 11:01:50 EDT 2000

(I am forwarding this for STEPHEN EPSTEIN who cannot access his
regular e-mail account right now.)

I hope people will forgive the self-promotion, but this is very
relevant....I have an article on the emergence of a punk rock music
scene in Korea that just came out last month in which I discuss some
of the issues that have appeared here, such as sartorial style,
influences, and hybridization. The full reference is "Anarchy in the
UK, Solidarity in the ROK: Punk Rock Comes to Korea," _Acta Koreana_
3 (2000): 1-34.

Best, Stephen