[KS] RE: KOREAN ENCYCLOPEDIAE

Jim Hoare Jim.Hoare at mail.fco.gov.uk
Thu Jul 20 13:00:37 EDT 2000

A small offering is James E Hoare and Susan Pares, "Conflict in Korea: An
Encyclopedia", Santa Barbara, CA, Denver CO, Oxford England: ABC-CLIO, 1999,
which deals not only with the Korean War but with relations between the two
Koreas since 1948. The same publishers have also put out a Korean War
Encyclopedia within the last month or so - try their webpage.
There is also Keith Pratt and Richard Rutt, with additional material by
James Hoare, "Korea: A Cultural and Historical Dictionary" Richmond Surrey:
Curzon Press, 1999.
I am also updating/amending Andrew Nahm "Historical Dictionary of the
Republic of Korea" but since I am already two years' behind, I wouldn't
count too muc on it appearing this year.

Jim Hoare