[KS] Re: Interesting article

Carlon Haas king_of_seoul at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 27 02:31:36 EDT 2000

It's strange because I had just finished reading this
article about 10 minutes prior to receiving Henry's
e-mail regarding it.  I find many books regarding the
Korean War still subscribe to the "Reluctant Dragon"
theory.

It's also interesting to note that it might be
possible that American foreign policy on China is
still effected by this theory.  I recently read many
editorials alluding to the fact that China does
"irrational" things when it feels that its territory
is being threatened.  Every article I read used the
Korean War as an example.  Is America using this
outdated theory as a basis for its relationship with
China and Taiwan?  It might be worth thinking about.

Carlon Haas