[KS] Re: Ten Thousand Sorrows

Walter K. Lew Lew at HUMnet.UCLA.EDU
Wed Jun 21 00:15:56 EDT 2000

>On an adoption list I am a member of there has been a hot debate about this
>book too.
*How does one subscribe to or join that list?

>>It is not a happy book. It is just the opposite. I hope EK makes a million
>>bucks and laughs all the way to the bank. This is the only
>>book that I know of written by a half and half.
*Please inform this person of Heinz Insu Fenkl's beautifully written
MEMORIES OF MY GHOST BROTHER (Dutton 1997)--it was runner-up that year for
the Hemingway Award (given to a first novel). I know it is appreciated by
several members of the Korean Studies list, who have also taught it.

/W

Walter K. Lew
11811 Venice Blvd.  #138
Los Angeles, CA  90066