[KS] Re: Cambridge DJ Centre

Carl Young carlfyoung at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 17 09:12:32 EST 2000

I think the newspaper article makes it fairly clear why a new centre for
Korean studies is being established at Cambridge and why it is named after
Pres. Kim.  Kim spent some time at Cambridge after losing th 1992
presidential elections.  It seems like it's a payback for their hospitality.
  The decision seems political rather academic, but such is often the case
when government funds are involved.

Carl Young
PhD Candidate
Department of History