[KS] Re: Eulogy for Zo Zayong

Yong-ho Choe choeyh at hawaii.edu
Tue Mar 21 21:18:42 EST 2000

The Emillle Museum (I believe Mr. Zo used three L's) is located at the entrance of the Songnisan National Park if you go from the town of PoUn.  You take Route 37 and find a huge pine tree, known as "ChOng ip'um song" or the second grade officer pine.  Everyone knows this tree. It's only a few hundred meters from the pine tree along a small stream toward mountain--to the right, that is, if you are going from PoUn.  Bus runs frequently from PoUn and TaejOn to Songnisan.

I am not sure if the museum has been open to the public after he began worshipping his spirits.

At 01:49 PM 3/21/2000 -1000, you wrote:
>It is indeed good to mark the passing of a very special person. I think
>that many of us would be grateful for some precise information on the
>present location of the Emille Museum, including information on when or
>how it can be visited. I have been hearing about its collection for 20
>years, from people who went when it was near Kimpo, but have never met
>anyone who could tell me where it went after that beyond 'near
>Songni-san'. I obviously have not been meeting the right people, but
>anyway I hope that the passing of its founder does not mean that the
>collection is in any danger?
>Br Anthony
>Sogang University, Seoul

Yong-ho Choe, Professor