[KS] Dr. Zo Zayong

Dr. John Caruso Jr. carusoj at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 21 10:13:55 EST 2000

Dear Korean Studies Group,

I would like to thank David Mason for writing an appropriate, accurate,
historical and personal
 tribute to Zo Zayong.  He was everything David described and so much more
than words can capture.  I was introduced to Zo Zayong in 1979 during one of
my stays at Ewha International House.

Zo Zayong invited me to his home/museum near Kimpo airport and we spent the
evening together.  He gave me the royal tour explaining how and when he
saved each work and describing all the battles he
had with officials.

He was a great person with impeccable insight who rescued and revived an
appreciation and understanding of minhwa.

John Caruso