[KS] Re: 1871 Incident

Yong-ho Choe choeyh at hawaii.edu
Wed May 31 22:58:36 EDT 2000

A just few days ago, some kind of memorial service was held at KwangsOngjin, the battle ground of the 1871 incident, where a great grandson (or great great grandson) of O Chae-yOn met a great grandson of an American officer who fought at the battle (I forgot his name).  This American descendent reportedly offered his sincere apology for the American invasion to Mr. O.  I saw this report in one of the TV news in Korea last week.  Thought this may be of interest to some.

Yong-ho Choe, Professor
Department of History
University of Hawaii at Manoa
Honolulu, HI  96822