[KS] Korean Idioms

Robert C. Provine provine at wam.umd.edu
Wed Sep 27 11:02:49 EDT 2000

REPLY sends your message to the whole list

From: "Joel Motsay" <motsay at hotmail.com>
To: korean-studies at iic.edu
Subject: Korean Idioms
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 16:54:51 HST

Dear List,

I've been reading the messages posted on the list for roughly two years,
and
I occasionally respond directly to those who post here.  However, I
don't
recall if I've posted to the whole list, or if I've introduced myself.
Here's my very brief bio:

I'm a graduate student in the Political Science dept. at the University
of
Hawaii.  I'm interested in how East Asian societies have adopted and
adapted
democratic political systems, especially democratization in South
Korea.  So
that I can better understand Korean political phenomena, I am currently
studying Korean at the Korean Language Institute at Yonsei University.

I have reached the point in my studies where I need to be able to
recognize
and understand Korean idiomatic expressions.  My question is this: Does
anyone know of a collection of Korean idioms and their explanations?
The
explanations can be in English, but I'd prefer if they were in Korean.

Thanks,

Joel Motsay