[KS] Re: Japanese Colonization Period

Henny Savenije adam&eve at henny-savenije.demon.nl
Thu Sep 7 11:28:39 EDT 2000

REPLY sends your message to the whole list

At 12:23 AM 9/8/00, you wrote:
>REPLY sends your message to the whole list
>
>I would disagree with the statement that Japanese forces were welcomed
>in Indonesia based upon a book I read 20-some years ago narrating the
>experiences of a young Indonesian girl, who saw her father captured in
>uniform and beheaded and who was herself--at nine or ten years of age--
>imprisoned by Japanese forces, sentenced to be executed, driven to
>a cliff in a truck load of other prisoners and who watched as the
>prisoners were beheaded, one by one. When it was her turn, the Japanese
>officer in charge stopped her execution, took her back to the camp, and
>kept her as his main for most of the remainder of the occupation.
>
>Don't remember the name of the book, which was loaned to me by relatives
>of the girl.

I don't deny there are exceptions but did you read any of the websites??
(the first two being Indonesian) Any of the other books??

Henny  (Lee Hae Kang)

Feel free to visit
http://www.henny-savenije.demon.nl
and feel the thrill of Hamel discovering Korea (1653-1666)
In Korean
http://www.henny-savenije.demon.nl/indexk2.htm