[KS] _Korean Studies Review_ Administrivia

Stephen Epstein Stephen.Epstein at vuw.ac.nz
Tue Jul 17 00:03:20 EDT 2001

Dear List Members,

We have coincidentally just received several reviews, some of which have been
written expressely for KSR and others that come to us via our partner print
journal _Acta Koreana_, so you can expect a full complement of reviews to
grace your inboxes in the coming weeks.

In the meantime, we have the following books available for review.  If you are
interested in any of them, please contact me at <Stephen.Epstein at vuw.ac.nz>;
please do not respond to the list as a whole.

Ross King and Jae-Hoon Yeon, _Elementary Korean_ (Tuttle)

Gi-Wook Shin and Michael Robinson, edd., _Colonial Modernity in Korea_
(Harvard East Asian Monographs)

T. E. McAuley, _Language Change in East Asia_ (Curzon)

Hildi Kang, _Under the Black Umbrella: Voices From Colonial Korea, 1910-1945_
(Cornell University Press)

Dennis Hart, _From Tradition to Consumption: Construction of a Capitalist
Culture in South Korea_ (Jimoondang)

Stephen