[KS] Re: Korean films, how to get older movies?

Mark Peterson Mark_Peterson at byu.edu
Mon Mar 26 16:50:04 EST 2001

Frank,
	I'm not much help; I've complained about the accessability of
films too.  There is a National Board for Film Preservation or some
such, but they seem to see their job as keeping people from seeing
films.  Actually, there are commercial interest in play here, and
that makes it difficult unless you have money.

	But the reason I'm responding is that I was asked to be
discussant for a panel on film at the AAS that just concluded.  Your
complaint surfaced there as well.  But you might try contacting the
panel members to see what help they might give.  They were, Hyangsoon
Yi, Univ. of Georgia; Kyunghyun Kim, UC Irvine; and Hyangjin Lee,
Sheffield.  They gave excellent papers and really know the Korean
Cinema scene.

best,
Mark