[KS] Korean films, how to get older movies?

Frank Hoffmann hoffmann at fas.harvard.edu
Mon Mar 26 14:49:19 EST 2001

Dear List Members:

A quick question:  I will offer a course on "Korean Film" this
summer, at IIC, but have a hard time getting tapes of *older* Korean
movies here in San Francisco. I also wonder if there is any (Korean)
documentary film about the early Korean movie industry during the
colonial period and the 50s and 60s -- ideally with some clips of
films from that time.
If KOIS is done with cleaning up and straightening out all those
horrible Web sites around the world, then maybe they could help a
whitish boy who is ignorant of all such matters. (Sorry for my
unprofessional whining, someone just hit me over the head -- never
got used to that and am still dazzled.) But I fear I cannot wait
until then. So, if you guys know of any other Korean institution that
is less busy right now, and that *might* be willing to reply to my
inquiry, then I would really appreciate that.

Frank
Frank Hoffmann * 314 Wilde Ave. * San Francisco, CA 94134 * USA
E-MAIL: hoffmann at fas.harvard.edu  *  Fax: (520) 438-4890
W W W : http://www.iic.edu/hoffmann/