[KS] Re: queries on North Korea

Keith Pratt Keith.Pratt at durham.ac.uk
Tue Mar 27 03:26:17 EST 2001

<Pine.GSO.3.95-960729.1010327091646.15797A-100000 at altair.dur.ac.uk>
Sender: owner-korean-studies at iic.edu

Dear Stephen

I can't answer your queries myself, but members may like to know that
following the appointment of the President of the British Association for
Korean Studies, Dr James Hoare, as British Charge d'Affaires in Pyongyang,
and the recent British Museum delegation to PY led by our Council member
Mrs Jane Portal, BAKS intends to arrange a short seminar in London on
North Korean cultural topics in the autumn, probably October or November.
Details have yet to be fixed, but I will post them to the List as soon as
they are known. I'm not saying that we can keep politics out of a
conference on DPRK, but the intention is to try and begin answering
questions such as yours.

If any List members want to receive further information about the
conference as it emerges, please let me know.

Best wishes,

Keith Pratt
Immediate Past President, BAKS
University of Durham, UK