[KS] propaganda and art

Morgan Pitelka mpitelka at oxy.edu
Mon Apr 22 18:17:14 EDT 2002

Thank you to everyone who responded with suggestions after my last
question, on study options in Korea.

I have another brief query. Has anything been written in English on
North Korean propaganda art? A student who is working on Soviet
propaganda art would like to look at the North Korean example for
comparison, but I'm at a loss . . .

Thanks,

Morgan

PS: I wanted to try to explain why I've been writing with so many
questions. I am a cultural historian who specializes in East Asian
ceramic culture and markets; my training and main area of research
has been Japan, but I've also worked on Qing China and Koryo Korea,
and I'm interested in doing more comparative work. Here at Oxy, I
volunteered to teach a new course in Korean history and culture (the
whole lot) which has been relatively successful, thanks to the help
of people on this list . . .

--
Morgan Pitelka
mailto:mpitelka at oxy.edu