[KS] propaganda and art

Keith Howard kh at soas.ac.uk
Tue Apr 23 15:05:23 EDT 2002

A few of my own articles, although they concentrate on music/dance,
may be of slight interest:

- 'Where did the old music go?' Minjok umakhak (Journal of the Asian
Music Research Institute, Seoul) Vol XV: 122-151. 1993'
- Juche and Culture: What's New?' In Hazel Smith, Chris Rhodes, Diana
Pritchard, Kevin McGill (eds), - North Korea in a New World Order:
169-195. Basingstoke: Macmillan. 1996.
- 'North Korea: songs for the Great Leader, with instructions from
the Dear Leader', in Marc Orange et al (eds), Mélanges offerts a Li
Ogg et  Daniel Bouchez: 103-30. Cahiers d'Études Coréennes 7. Paris:
College de France. 2001.
- Dancing for the Eternal President', in Annie Janeiro Randall (ed),
Sounds of Suppression. New York: Routledge (forthcoming).

Keith Howard

--

Dr Keith Howard
Senior Lecturer in Music