[KS] _Korean Studies Review_ Administrivia

Stephen Epstein Stephen.Epstein at vuw.ac.nz
Tue Feb 19 20:22:20 EST 2002

Dear List Members,

_Korean Studies Review_ will soon return to life for 2002 after its usual
(southern hemisphere) summer hiatus.  Among the reviews on tap are Mark
Caprio on Hildi Kang's _Under the Black Umbrella: Voices from Colonial
Korea, 1910-1945_, Bernhard Seliger on Chung Myung-chang's _The Bank of
Korea: A History of Fifty Years_, as well as reviews from our print partner
_Acta Koreana_.  I hope to begin sending them out and putting them on the
web within the next week or so.

In the meantime, we also have the following books up for grabs.  If you are
interested in reviewing any of them, please contact me at
<stephen.epstein at vuw.ac.nz>; do not respond to the list as a whole.  If
others have books they wish to make available for review, please feel free
to write me as well.

Ross King and Jae-Hoon Yeon, _Elementary Korean_ (Tuttle)

T. E. McAuley, _Language Change in East Asia_ (Curzon)

Dennis Hart, _From Tradition to Consumption: Construction of a Capitalist
Culture in South Korea_ (Jimoondang)

Margaret Stetz and Bonnie B.C. Oh, edd., _Legacies of the Comfort Women of
World War II_ (M. E. Sharpe)

Kim Su-young, Shin Kyoung-Nim, Lee Si-Young , _Variations: Three Korean
Poets_ tr. by Brother Anthony and Young-Moo Kim (Cornell East Asia Series)

Laurel Kendall, ed., _Under Construction: The Gendering of Modernity, Class,
and Consumption in the Republic of Korea_ (Hawaii)

Please note that the entry page for _Korean Studies Review_ is now
http://koreaweb.ws/ks/ksr/  This page also links to an index of reviews
that have appeared over the past four years.

Best, Stephen