[KS] Visiting Professor in Enviromental Studies

Sungdai Cho sundy at binghamton.edu
Tue Jan 29 19:13:03 EST 2002

The Asian & Asian American Studies Program of Binghamton University
solicits applications or nominations for our Asian Studies Visiting
Professorship for the academic year, 2002-3. We seek an established scholar
from Asia (particularly South, Southeast, or East Asia) in any discipline
working on Asian environmental issues, though applications from elsewhere
in the region, including Australasia, will be welcomed. Duties will include
four courses to be taught in English and a public lecture. He or she will
be invited to participate in Asian & Asian American Studies Program and in
related university programs. Candidates should send or e-mail, by March
1st, a letter of interest, CV with the names of three references, and a
list of courses that you would be interested in teaching to Professor John
Chaffee, Director, Asian and Asian American Studies Program, Binghamton
University, Binghamton, NY 13902-6000. (chaffee at binghamton.edu; fax
607-777-2896) The Asian Studies Visiting Professorship has been
established with the help of a grant from the Freeman Foundation and will
continue through 2007-8, with a different thematic focus each year. We
welcome expressions of interest from scholars who would like to be
considered in future years.

http://aaasp.binghamton.edu