[KS] (no subject)

Boris Mayer Boris.Mayer at uni-konstanz.de
Thu Jul 18 03:59:00 EDT 2002

Hi there,

I am also a doctoral student of psychology from Germany (Lake
Constance). I am interested in cross-cultural psychology and
especially in Korean psychological concepts like "jong" and "chae-
myun". There is a very recent article in the Journal of Cross-
Cultural Psychology on chae-myun:

Choi, S.-C., & Lee, S.-J. (2002). Two-component model of chemyon-
oriented behaviors in Korea: Constructive and defensive chemyon.
Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology, 33, 332-345.

The first author, Sang-Chin Choi, is a professor of psychology at
Chung-Ang University in Seoul. He has written extensively on
indigenous psychological concepts of Koreans. In 2000, he
published a book titled "The psychology of Koreans" (in Korean).
The reference for this book is given in the article cited above.

With regards,

Boris Mayer