[KS] Kim Il Sung children's stories...

sem.ver at btinternet.com sem.ver at btinternet.com
Thu Jun 6 13:37:30 EDT 2002

Keith,

we have a few of these children's stories in the British Library, a whole series of them seems to have appeared in the late 80s. One I have on my desk is called "t'okki ui paltojang" (kumsong ch'ongnyon ch'ulp'ansa, 1988); according to the introduction, Kim Chong-il told the story to his classmates who later used the inspiration to make this comic book. It looks like a crude attempt at an Aesop-style fable; at least it shares the violence of the format. In the last scene, the evil fox and wolf get crushed to death, and end up as "food for the crows".

hope this helps.

Sem