[KS] (no subject)

Paikkim at aol.com Paikkim at aol.com
Sat Mar 2 17:46:16 EST 2002

I agree wholeheartedly with Prof. David McCann's comment.

The comments on the question of romanization has so far run heavily against
the new system proposed by the S. Korean government. I wonder if anyone is
for the new system. It would be enlightening to hear from those who are for
the new system, especially if a few of the scholars who helped to formulate
the new scheme could step up to the plate explain why they are for it.Granted
that most of us are used to the M-R system, still for myself, bi for rain, pi
for blood as well as eo and eu instead of the diacrtical marks seem
improvements on certain aspects of the old system

Kichung Kim