[KS] Video(s) on Kwangju, Korea

kyk2002 at columbia.edu kyk2002 at columbia.edu
Tue Oct 1 17:03:41 EDT 2002

There is a documentary on Kwangju that I watched ... I got it at
the East Asian Library at Columbia. If you go to the "libraries"
section" of the website at Columbia, www.columbia.edu, you'll be
able to find it. There is also a film, very popular called "A
Petal." It is hard to find, but it was worth it. It also revolved
around Kwangju. Also, check out the film, Peppermint Candy., Keep
in mind that the last two are just films, not documentaries.
In Korea, in the mid-90s, possibly '95, there was a mini-series on
5-18. But I doubt it has been transcribed. Ratings were very high
for the show; a lot of censorship has been eased, and as a result,
there has been much media on Kwangju and the American and Korean
governmental role.
I have several books, also, I got through Amazon, and I
lexisnexised and got all the NYT and Christian Science articles.
Also check out www.kimsoft.com. There is a man Tim Shorrock? who
did an extensive study.
Take care.
Katherine Kim