[KS] Discrimination against Koreans from the North

Leonid Petrov petrov at coombs.anu.edu.au
Wed Sep 11 01:07:54 EDT 2002

Dear list members,

One of my colleagues is looking for a book or article that mentions the
problem of discrimination in Korea on the basis of geographical origins. Any
hint is highly appreciated.

With kind regards,

LP

>Leonid,

>would you be able to direct me to a source (or ask on the list for me)? I
am looking for a book or article that mentions the problem of
>discrimination against Koreans from the North even before 1945. I recall
reading somewhere that Koreans from North of Seoul were not >permitted to
work as civil servants or have any kind of governmental posting.