[KS] liquidating my past Mac HWP files

Joshua Margolis josh at joshuamargolis.com
Thu Sep 12 08:26:51 EDT 2002

Since this may be of interest to others, as well, Microsoft does offer an
HWP import filter for MS Word. It's not perfect at preserving formatting,
but it does work. You can download it (for free) from their Korean Web site.
I don't have the exact URL off hand but if anyone needs it and can't find
it, just let me know.

Best regards,

Josh

> Dear list members:
>
> I apologize for posting a completely unrelated query in the middle of this
useful discussion of kwake chengsan.

> But if there is anybody from the list here in Seoul where I am for the
next 10 months who has any experience with the Mac version of HWP/'Arae
hangul 96' [no longer available or supported...], I am desperate for some
assistance as I try to liquidate my Mac past and past Mac HWP files and
start a new life on the much superior [at least as far as Korean is
concerned] PC. If any such kind Seoul-based soul (and Korean Studies person
similarly foolish enough to have committed to the Mac years ago despite its
miserable Korean Language Kit) lurks on this list, do please contact me at
jrpking at interchange.ubc.ca.