[KS] Mu Chong

Soon Mi Hong-Schunka Hong-Schunka at ostasien.fak12.uni-muenchen.de
Thu Apr 17 04:25:52 EDT 2003

Dear Mr/Ms Szalontai,

it seems that Mu Chông must have been alive at least until 1955, ie. until
Pak Hônyông's execution, and that his banning or execution should have taken
place between 1955 and August 1956 (The P'awôl chongp'a accident).  Also, I
doubt whether North Korea could afford to execute Mu (a commandent of the
infantry division) during the war. Maybe the best person to ask is Prof. Sô
Tae-suk. Good luck and please keep me also informed.

Soon Mi Hong-Schunka
Institute for East Asian Studies
Munich University